Dr. Jacqueline Jacques, ND, FTOS
Doctor Jacqueline Jacques is a Naturopathic Doctor and Fellow of the Obesity Society with over 20 years of expertise in medical nutrition. She is currently the Chief Medical Officer of CB2 therapeutics, a joint venture between Thorne, Onegevity, and Tetra Bio-Pharma. Dr Jacques has spent much of her career in the dietary supplement industry as a formulator, speaker, writer, and executive, including being a co-founder of Bariatric Advantage. She has appeared as a guest on radio and television, and has spoken nationally and internationally to health professionals and the public alike. She is the author of the book Micronutrition for the Weight Loss Surgery Patient, and has contributed to numerous other professional publications. Additionally, she has served on the boards/advisory boards for the Obesity Action Coalition, the Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine, Alkemist Labs, YOR Health, Bodywise International, and the California Naturopathic Doctor’s Association. She resides in Southern California with her two teenaged boys and one adorable dog named Max.
P R O F E S S I O N A L H I S T O R Y
Nov 2019 – Present Chief Medical Officer, CB2 Therapeutics (A Thorne, Onegevity, Tetra-Biopharma Joint Venture
- Provide leadership and direction for CB2’s pipeline of therapeutic products that address unmet medical needs via the endocannabinoid system
- Responsible for the strategy, direction and execution of the company’s clinical development plans.
- Serve as a key member of the senior management team which determines and oversees research, drug development, and consumer product development, and sets the overall strategic direction of the company.
- Support regulatory affairs, clinical affairs, and the development of successful pathways for product commercialization.
Jan 2013 – Present Consultant in Bariatric Nutrition
- Provide expert and second opinions to bariatric providers such as dietitians and surgeons
- Problem solving on complex nutrition cases
- Provide diligence services for mergers and acquisitions
- Provide expert opinions for legal cases
Jan 2010 – Present Expert Reviewier for Bariatric Journals
- Provide subject matter expertise to review scientific papers related to nutiriton and bariatric surgery
Mar 2017 – Nov 2019 Senior VP, Medical Affairs, Thorne
- Responsible for upholding and advancing Thorne’s leadership in medical knowledge and education
- Manage post-market research, surveillance, and safety
- Assure accurate and timely support for health professionals and consumers using Thorne products and services
- Develop new tools and resources for both medical and consumer education and marketing
- Manage commercial aspects of regulatory affairs
Mar 2017 – Nov 2018 Senior VP, Portfolio Development, Thorne
- Oversee and manage the development and launch of key products, product suites, and services
- Help develop next generation offerings for Thorne customers
- Help to find, evaluate, and create strategies for new technologies that meet company goals for growth
- Assist in the growth objective of the company by working to expand and refine the portfolio, the practitioner network, and the customer base
Jan 2014 – Mar 2017 Vice President, Research and Development, Thorne Research Inc
- Oversee company-wide research and development efforts including new product development, SKU management, portfolio development and refinement.
- Assist in the growth objectives of the company by growing and maturing efforts in product and portfolio development
Jan 2012 - Oct 2013 Therapeutic Platform Lead, Global Obesity Franchise, Metagenics, Inc
- Oversee pipeline product development, conception though implementation for the global obesity platform (US, Europe, Austral-Asia)
2002 - 2013 Chief Science Officer, Bariatric Advantage (A Division of Metagenics, Inc)
- Product Development: Responsible for all aspects of development of new products and acquisition of novel product technology; Maintain up-to-date files and knowledgebase on research and literature related to nutrition and bariatrics; Create and maintain relationships with suppliers, manufacturers, packagers and others critical to product pipeline. Implement product revisions based on current research.
- Regulatory: Oversee technical areas of labeling and marketing. Provide support for product claims, oversight for labeling and guidance to sales and marketing regarding product claims. Submissions to international regulatory agencies. Work with in-house regulators from our manufacturers on issues related to compliance. Process and follow product-related complaints.
- Education: Creation of support literature and product education materials: Oversee web-based educational programs; direct support to physicians/consumers; provide in-person and online in-services for bariatric surgery programs; personal presentations to medical and consumer groups on bariatric nutrition; placement of educational literature in related journals, magazines and books. Speak at professional and patient meetings.
- Provide guidance for research initiatives.
- Training of inside and outside sales professionals on product. Work closely with sales team to provide technical support to bariatric programs.
- Purchasing: oversight of product purchasing and evaluation of products for distribution.
- (I was one of the founders of Bariatric Advantage in 2002. It sold to Metagenics in 2010)
2001 - 2010 Owner/President, Well Path, Inc.
Well Path was a professional consulting company focused on medical writing, product development, and regulatory, and lecturing services. Our focus was developing products for both the consumer market and the health professional market.
2000 -present Director of Wellness Education, Body Wise International
Technical “product” spokesperson for company. Develop new products from concept to ingredients to protocol for use. Produce educational materials; provide educational lectures to the public and health professionals, technical support to customers via phone and e-mail. Provide background for FDA compliance. Maintain FDA/FTC/DSHEA compliance. Created and oversee AER program. Oversee Scientific Advisory Board. Work cooperatively with marketing and sales departments to create product literature and presentation materials. While I resigned this position formally on 2004, I continue in an advisory role with Body Wise.
2000 - 2002 Technical Advisor, VitaminMD.com
Answer questions about natural medicine and product use for members and health professionals
1997 - present Naturopathic Physician
Private practice in Naturopathic Medicine focusing on the treatment of women, children, and pain management.
I have been retired from private practice since 2004
1997 - 1998 Naturopathic Physician, Resident
One-year residency in Family Practice and Pain Management. Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA.
E D U C A T I O N
2019 CU Boulder, Certificate in History of Medical Cannabis
2007 Indiana University Kelly School of Business, Certificate in Finance and Accounting
1998 - 1999 National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Candidate for Masters in
Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Completed 5 quarters towards masters
1997 - 1998 Residency in Family Practice and Pain Management (under Rick Marinelli, ND)
1992 - 1997 National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Graduated as Doctor of
1990 - 1992 Lewis and Clark College, English Literature and Health Sciences
1987 - 1990 Reed College, English Literature
O T H E R E D U C A T I O N
1999-2002 Annual Trainings with American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
1998-2004 Annual Training with the American Society of Bariatric Physicians
1997-2001 Annual Trainings with American Academy of Pain Management
1997 Prolotherapy Intensive Certification through University of Wisconsin, Madison
1997 - 1998 Neural Therapy A and B through the American Academy of Neural Therapy
1993 - 1996 Annual “Spring Trainings” in hormone therapy with the Broda Barnes Foundation
1989 - 1990 Oregon School of Massage
P U B L I C A T I O N S, I N T E R V I E W S, L E C T U R E S
Note – Because of the frequency with which I speak and write, I no longer update this list. I can provide current information on request
I N T E L L E C T U A L P R O P E R T Y
US Patent Number 5,745,055 for Foot-operated Multi-directional Sensing Device, issued in April 1998
P R O F E S S I O N A L M E M B E R S H I P S, B O A R D S, & A D V I S O R S H I P S
Clinical/Research Associate, Society of Medical Cannabis
Advisory Council, Alkemist Labs
Master of Science in Nutrition Business Leadership Advisory Council, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
UNPA, Member of the Hemp and CBD working committee
Hemp Advisory Group, NSF International
Fellow of The Obesity Society (FTOS)
Advisory Board Member, Auguste Deter Foundation
Reviewer, SOARD (Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases)
Review, Obesity Surgery
Executive Board Member, Obesity Action Coalition (past)
American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (past)
Advisory Board Member, Beyond Change Obesity (past)
Editorial Board Member, WLS Lifestyles Magazine (past)
Advisory Board Member, YOR Health (past)
Corporate Board Member, Promax Nutrition (past)
Past Board Member, Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine at UCI
Past Board Member, California Naturopathic Doctors Association
A W A R D S & H O N O R S
2004 Healthcare Professional of the Year, Bariatric Support Centers International
O T H E R
Professional mom to two wonderful boys and a dog named Max