Dr. MOHIT BHANDARI MS, DMAS (France)
MS, DMAS (France) Obesity Surgeon of Excellence, SRC, USA
Advance Postgraduate Diploma in Minimal Access Surgery, University of Strasbourg
Minimal Access, Obesity & Diabetes Surgeon
Director, Mohak Bariatrics & Robotics, Indore
Director, Bhandari Hospital and Research Centre, Indore
Associate Professor, Dept. of Surgical Gastroenterology
Sri Aurobindo Medical College & P.G. Institute, Indore
Mob No: +91 9893034111
BARIATRIC METABOLIC SURGERY TRAINING
DONE AT CENTRES:
1. IRCAD EITS Strasbourg France
2 Dr. KELVIN HIGA Centre Frensco -USA
3. IRCAD Taiwan
- Dr. Robert Rutledge Las Vegas -USA
- Dr. Mathias Fobi- USA
BARIATRIC SURGERY PERFORMED
- YOUNGEST SURGEON AND THE ONLY TO PERFORM MORE THAN 10000 BARIATRIC & METABOLIC SURGERY IN CENTRAL INDIA
- YOUNGEST SURGEON TO PERFORM MORE THAN 1500 ROBOTIC BARIATRIC CASES
- FIRST SURGEON TO PERFORM ROBOTIC BYPASS/ROBOTIC DUDENOJEJUNAL BYPASS/ROBOTIC SLEEVE
- YOUNGEST SURGEON OF THE COUNTRY TO PERFORM THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF CASES IN OBESITY IN 6 YEARS
- YOUNGEST SURGEON TO BE DECLARIED AS SURGEON OF EXCELLENCE BY SURGICAL REVIEW CORPORATION, USA & CENTER IS CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
- FIRST SURGEON IN CENTRAL INDIA TO PERFORM GASTRIC BYPASS, DUDENOJEJUNAL BYPASS, ILEAL TRANSPOSITION ON LOW BMI DIABETICS.
- FIRST SURGEON TO PERFORM OBESITY SURGERY ON HEAVIEST PATIENT ON ASIA WEIGHT: 350 KG.
- FIRST SURGEON TO START SILS SLEEVE GASTRECTOMY IN CENTRAL INDIA. SINGLE INCISION PROCEDURES ARE REGULARLY DONE AT OUR CENTRE.
- EXECUTIVE MEMBER IN OSSI, MEMBER IN ASMBS AND IFSO
- EXPERIENCES WITH CONVENTIONAL BARIATRIC SURGERIES/DIABETES SURGERY/ENDOLUMINAL
- Gastric Bypass
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Banded Gastric Bypass
- Single Incision Lap. Sleeve(SILS)
- Mini gastric bypass
- Gastric banding
- Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty
- EXPERIENCES WITH CONVENTIONAL/ROBOTIC REVISION SURGERIES
- Conversion of Sleeve to Bypass
- Band to Sleeve/Bypass
- STARTED ADOLESCENT BARIATRIC SURGERY IN 2009 WITH BANDING AND SLEEVE.
- Credited with performing BARIATRIC SURGERY on highest BMI male of Central India 100 BMI weight 350 kg
- Highest experience with Super-Obese Bariatric Surgery. Presented his work on Super Obese Sleeve with Antrectomy at IFSO
13.PAPERS PRESENTED: -
- More than 200 presentations at IFSO, OSSI, SAGES, ASMBS etc…
- PAPERS PUBLICATION: -
- Comparison between Banded and Non-Banded Roux-en Y Gastric Bypass with 2yr Follow-up: a preliminary Retrospective Analysis
- Our centers technique of Robotic gastric bypass-single docking, single position with mid-term results.
- Surgical and Advanced Medical Therapy for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes in class 1 Obese Patients: a short-term outcome
- Contributed a chapter on Banded gastric bypass in text book of Dr. Mathias Fobi
- Single incision weight loss surgery –a single centers experience of 565 cases
- Banded sleeve-technique and tips
- Chapter on Mini Gastric Bypass using Single or reduced number of ports in the book Essentials of Mini ‒ One Anastomosis Gastric Bypass
- MASTER VIDEO PRESENTATIONS OF DIABETES SURGERY IN METABOLIC SURGERY SUBMIT NEW-YORK.
- RCT -REGISTERED
- At present ICMR Registered Studies are going on to compare Sleeve, Bypass, DS, BPD-since 2009 for low and moderate BMI diabetics.
- More than 200 operated patients are being followed in this study.
- Invited as International Faculty in IFSO, AMASI, IFSO-APC, ASMBS, APMBSS
18.TRAINING AND TEACHING:
- Established Porcine Model for training Surgeons in Bariatric Surgery and Minimal Access Surgery.
- Established the largest Animal Porcine Lab of the Country with State of the Art Endovision in central India.
- Comparing simulators and Porcine Model to train Surgeons for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery under a study.
- LIVE OPERATIVE DEMONSTRATION DONE AT DIFFERENT CONFERENCES: -
- Demonstrated Dudenojejunal Bypass on low BMI -28 in state chapter conference.
- First Live demo of SILS Metabolic Surgery done at ASI city chapter.
- Live demo of sleeve Gastrectomy at FIAGES course, Indore.
- Demo of mini-Gastric Bypass omega loop technique.
- WORK FOR SOCIAL CAUSE :
- Did free Camps for Obesity and Diabetes Patients.
- Did free surgery of 250 K.G. Obese farmer. He reduced 120 K.G. after Surgery.
- Did free Metabolic Surgery Camps in all patient of Country.
- Established a trust for free treatment of young diabetes Patients.
- Gold Medals Awarded by the Institution (During Undergraduation)
- Gold Medal for 1st position in 1st profession.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in 2nd profession.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in pre-final profession.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in final profession.
- Gold Medal for overall topper in all MBBS exams taken together.
- Gold Medal for 1st position in Pathology.
Gold Medal for 1st position in Pharmacology.
Gold Medal for 1st position in Ophthalmology.
Gold Medal for 1st position in ENT.
Gold Medal for 1st position in Surgery.
Gold Medal for 1st position in Obst.& Gyn.
Gold Medal for 1st position in Medicine.
Gold Medal for 1st position in Pediatrics.
Gold Medal for 1st position in Orthopedics.
- Gold Medal for distinction in following subjects.
Gold Medal for distinction in Pathology.
Gold Medal for distinction in Pharmacology.
Gold Medal for distinction in Ophthalmology.
Gold Medal for distinction in ENT.
Gold Medal for distinction in Surgery.
Gold Medal for distinction in Obst.& Gyn.
Gold Medal for distinction in Medicine.
Gold Medal for distinction in Pediatrics.
- Gold Medals Awarded by University (D.A.V.V.), Indore
- ShriKamalkantVashishta Gold Medal for highest marks in 2nd MBBS.
- Levi Marol Gold Medal for highest marks in Pharmacology given by Dr. B.C. Bose.
- Dr. B.S. Mehta Gold Medal for highest marks in ENT in 2002.
- Sonar Gold Films, Bombay, Gold Medal for highest marks in Ophthalmology.
- Late BalwantDhogSondittakal Gold Medal for highest marks in Medicine.
- Sonar Gold Films, Bombay, Gold Medal for highest marks in Surgery.
- Dr. R.P. Singh Gold Medal for highest marks in 3rd M.B.B.S.
- Dr. Mrs. MaliniHamlakar Gold Medal for highest marks in Obst. & Gynecology.
- Padambhushan Dr. S.K. Mukherjee Gold Medal for highest marks in all Professionals of M.B.B.S.
- Mr. Sunder RaoThakre Memorial Gold Medal for aggregate topper in all professionals.
- Late Dr. G.N. Kamble Gold Medal for highest marks in Medicine.
- Late Dr. G.N. Kumble Gold Medal for highest marks in Surgery.
- OmkarParmarthik Trust award for highest marks in 2nd Professional.
- Sonar Gold Films for highest marks in Medicine.
- Dr. Mrs. Tek Singh Memorial Gold Medal for aggregate topper in all professionals.
- Dr. R.V. Upadhyay Gold Medal for topper of Pathology.
- Late Kailash Singh Gold Medal for topper in Obst. &Gynaecology.
- Dr. B.G. Dodhapkar Gold Medal for highest marks in Medicine.
- Gold Medal for highest marks in Orthopaedics(Rajiv Rallan Award).
- Gold Medals / Cash Prizes Awarded by I.M.A. & A.S.I.
- IMA Medal for highest marks in ENT.
- IMA Medal for highest marks in Ophthalmology.
- Dr. Anil Gupta cash prize for 1st position in Surgery.
- Dr. Khan Bahadur Ahmed Bux Gold Medal for 1st position in Surgery.
- Late Dr. B.D. Mulye Gold Medal for 1st position in Medicine.
- Late Dr. J.P. Ahuja cash prize for 1st position in IIIrd MBBS.
- IMA Gold Medal for overall 1st position in Pre-final.
- Late Dr. Bhagwat Gold Medal for 1st position in Obst. &Gynaecology.
- Dr. M.V. Kamath Gold Medal for highest marks in Gen. Surgery in 2003.
- The "M.G.M. Blue Award" (The Pride of M.G.M.) Awarded
- “MGM Blue Award”. This Award is given to most outstanding student of batch for both academic & extra academic activities.
- Received this award in year 2003.
- The award was given for overall topper with individual first position in all the professions and with first position in Pharmacology, Pathology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Surgery, Medicine, Obst. &Gynae, Paediatrics& Orthopedics.